Sunday, May 17, 2009

Salt Lake City, UT






Salt Lake City is in northern Utah and is sandwiched between the Wasatch mountain range and the Great Salt Lake Desert. It is a pretty and busy city. The main attraction is the Temple Square. It was beautiful this time of year planted with thousands of tulips and other flowers. Those Latter Day Saints must have some money. We went in the Tabernacle and got to hear a recital of that giant organ. It is the domed building topside of the temple. The city is not all mormans though. They do have some decent breweries. We also went into a huge LDS resale store and bought t-shirts.

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Utah for about ten years, but it certainly had to grow on me. I miss it very much. I am now living in Texas but I visit often. I'm not Mormon, but I can admire a nice piece of architecture. That temple is something isn't it? You should see it at Christmas time. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete